Cookies are small text files placed onto your computer by certain websites and/or applications that you visit, or e-mails that you open. Cookies are used to help us improve your experience when using our Platforms – for example, storing your preferred language setting for the next time you visit.
The personal data that we collect may include information about the way you use our website, your choice of Internet browser, the type of device you are accessing our website from, and where you are in the world.
- tailor our Platforms to your personal needs;
- remember the notifications that you have been shown, so that you are not shown them again;
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements, and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and/or customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make improvements and updates to our websites based on the way you want to use them; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Categories of Cookies
Other categories of cookies are “Functional” or “Advertising”, details of which are as follows: –
|Categories||Purpose for the cookies|
|Required||These cookies and similar technologies enable basic features of the site to function and collect statistical information about visitors to our website to manage site usage. All of the information collected is aggregated and used anonymously. There are also some cookies that will enable a more personalized experience. But we will not use these cookies until you opt in to their functionality.|
|Functional||These cookies and similar technologies enable basic features of the site to function and collect statistical information about visitors to our website to manage site usage. All of the information collected is aggregated and used anonymously. There are also some cookies that will enable a more personalized experience. But we will not use these cookies until you opt in to their functionality.|
|Advertising||These cookies and similar technologies enable basic features of the site to function and collect statistical information about visitors to our website to manage site usage. All of the information collected is aggregated and used anonymously. There are also some cookies that will enable a more personalized experience. But we will not use these cookies until you opt in to their functionality.|
Cookies allow our website to function at its most efficient, including but not limited to: –
- Balancing website traffic to ensure all our users can enjoy consistent and reliable access;
- Limiting traffic to key sections of our website to maintain consistent performance; and
Ease of Use
Cookies make navigating our website easier for you, including but not limited to: –
- Remembering your language and country preferences, and presenting relevant content;
- Keeping track of your user account when you have logged in; and
- Providing the most relevant information to you when using our products and services.
Cookies are used to gather statistics on how you navigate and perform transactions on our website, including but not limited to: –
- Gathering feedback on your satisfaction through surveys; and
- Gaining insights into how you navigate and perform transactions on our website so that improvements can be made.
Cookies allow us to present appropriate marketing messages to you, including but not limited to: –
- Allowing our Platforms to serve up different versions of a page for marketing purposes;
- Allowing third parties to display appropriate advertising to track its effectiveness; and
- Displaying relevant messages which offer a selection of products based on your viewing behaviour on our Platforms and certain other websites.
Online behavioural advertising
Online behavioural advertising is also known as interest-based advertising. It is a way of serving advertisements that are more relevant to your interests on websites visited by you. Shared interests are grouped together based on your previous web browsing activity. This allows us to display advertising that is relevant and useful to you. Advertising can also be delivered to you based on the website content you’ve just been viewing. This is called retargeting.
Click stream data
A clickstream records which parts of a website you click on when you use it. We may collect clickstream data when you use our website and track referrals from other websites to improve your online experience with us. This data will not be stored as part of your customer record, and will only be used for statistical analyses.
Consent – Notification on our Home Page
Third Party Cookies
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example, Facebook, Google, YouTube, which we use to display and/or target content. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of Cookies
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why: –
|Cookies||Owner||Types||Purpose for the cookie|
|Facebook Pixel||Facebook Ireland Limited||Marketing; Online behavioural advertising||This is an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising by understanding the actions visitors take on your website. We use pixel data to ensure that our ads are being shown to the right people, so that we can effectively build advertising audiences.|
How to Turn Off Cookies
If you do not want cookies to be placed on your device, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our Platforms. Further, some areas of our website may not function properly or be accessible.
Refer to the links below for each browser’s guide on how to turn off or delete cookies: –
If you delete your cookies, we will not be able to know that you have: –
- opted out of behavioural advertising on our website;
- remember your language and country preferences.
Last updated on 28 May 2020